Are you feeling cranky? Had a stressful day? Let’s enliven you and evaporate your sullen behavior. How about a mouth watering smoothie? In this article, we will see the best personal smoothie blender.
Smoothie that gives a you a pleasurable experience is a mixture of fruits, yogurt, milk, and sugary substance. But the essence of a smoothie lies not in the ingredients but the way it is made which means that a smoothie blender is the backbone of a smoothie. Better the quality of the blender, tastier will be the smoothie.
A smoothie blender is a magical appliance by means of which a person can put together all the ingredients and make a smoothie at one’s convenience. The main components of a portable blender are jar, lid, blades, gasket and housing and it works on electric power.
A smoothie blender is a versatile gadget which is a must for one’s kitchen. It can be utilized for several purposes such as shakes, grinding spices, crashing ice, making puree and sauces and many more. It not only simplifies our work but also saves our time. It is mainly used to blend different food items and liquefy solid food particles into liquid.
Now, so far we know the eminence of a smoothie blender but you will be astonished to know that these blenders come in an extensive variety. It is of immense importance to know the type of blender one requires for a specific purpose.
Different Types of Blenders | Personal Smoothie Blender
Hand blender – They are very long with the blades on the end of the blender and your hand holding the other end where the controls are located. They are incredibly compact, cordless and powerful and tend to be very easy to use. One of the reasons why these types of best blenders for smoothies are so popular is because they are very easy to clean and they don’t take up a lot of storage space:
1. Hand blender: They are long devices with blades on the end of the blender. The user holds the neck where the controls are located. They are incredibly compact, cordless, powerful and are very easy to use. One of the reasons why this type of blender is so popular is that they are very easy to clean and they don’t take up a lot of storage space.
2. Single serve blenders: These blenders are a lot smaller than regular blenders making them perfect to store out of the way in a smaller apartment or dorm kitchen. These blenders often come with lids that will go on the blender cup itself so you can make a smoothie and drink it on-the-go.
3. Full size blender: A cost efficient blender, highly preferred by the people. They have a very powerful base that a jar will sit on. After the jar has been filled and the lid is placed on top, you can select from a number of choices to chop and puree the food in the jar.
4. Specialty blender: You can not only blend, puree, chop, and grind, but you can also make your own nut milks and whip up a smoothie in no time. These blenders have been built to last for a very long time and are often the models that you will see in restaurants.
5. Frozen drink maker: If you love to drink frozen mixed drinks at parties, then you may benefit from having a blender that is specifically designed to make these Unfortunately, these blender aren’t ideal for other uses as well, so if you opt for a frozen drink maker, it’s important to realize that it is a fairly single-use item.
6. Blender bottle: This is a manual kind of blender that gym-goers love to use to make sure their protein drinks and ensure that it has been correctly blended. They consist of a plastic cup and a tight screw-on lid with a blender ball inside it.
7. Kitchen system: When you want to rely on a single appliance for all of your chopping, blending, and food processing needs, you need to look into buying a kitchen system. These do much more than just blend your food and come with all of the attachments and parts that you need to make sure you don’t have to own both a blender and a food processor
Things to Consider Before Buying Personal Smoothie Blender
You may be in a dilemma when the thought of purchasing a smoothie blender comes to your mind and after coming upon such a vast range. There is nothing to worry. This a list of things that you need to keep in mind before purchasing a smoothie blender.
1. Blade: The most important factor that you need to check while buying a blender is the blade. Make sure the appliance you buy has diamond cut, stainless steel blades.
2. Operational speed: This is an essential factor which is mostly considered while selecting a blender. Moreover, a conventional blender is quite inadequate in performance compared to high speed blender.
3. Capacity: It is advised to check the capacity of the blender jar before purchasing it. The capacity of the blender jar is between 0.2L to 2L.
4. Jar Type: It is advisable to opt for a polycarbonate glass jar instead of plastic. The reason is glass jars are Bisphenol A (BPA) free which ensures that you are not consuming any harmful chemicals.
5. Noise Level: Consider the noise level in account.
6. Size and Function: The size and function of blenders vary depending on what they’re meant for, so be sure you know what you’ll need it to do before committing to one.
11 Best Personal Smoothie Blender | Best Blender for Smoothies and Ice
Here is the list of the top 11 best personal smoothie blender. You can consider these for gratifying results:
1. Kitchen Aid 5-Speed Classic Blender | Personal smoothie blender
This blender is from Kitchen Aid, who manufacture quality products with a varied assortment of accessories. It comes with a glass bowl and a multi-purpose attachment hub. It is durable, rugged and is constructed out of metal. Due to its size and price, this is an ideal blender for a family.
- Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl
- Multipurpose attachment Hub
- Could be used for 12 optional accessories in kitchen
- Durable, Rugged, Metal Constructed
- You can see your recipe while mixing
- Little bit costly. Should be preferred for families not for bachelors
2. Ninja Professional Blender | Personal smoothie blender
This blender has a 1000W power consumption making it a very powerful appliance. It can crush ice, frozen food; blend; puree. This is an ideal blender for you if you like iced drinks.
- Sleek design
- 1000 watt of professional power supply
- Perfect for ice crushing, blending, pureeing, controlled processing of crush ice and frozen fruit
- Cost effective
3. Vitamix Professional Series 750 with 64-Oz | Personal smoothie blender
With a very compact and simplistic design, this blender offers a focus on quality blending. It has a plastic body and a stainless steel blade. With a 2 peak horse power, the expense of the Vitamix blender is justified.
- Plastic body and stainless-steel blade construction
- Ingredients could be added while using with the help Neoprene rubber lid
- 2 Peak Horse power motor
- Little bit costly
Note: Checkout the top-rated and affordable Humidifiers for your Bedroom
4. NutriBullet Blender Combo | Personal smoothie blender
This blender is used for nutrition extraction. With a 1200W motor base it will help you make as many smoothies, sauces, nut butter you want to make. Along with these qualities, it comes with a 2L capacity and a 1-year warranty.
- Used for nutrition extraction
- 1200W motor base helps help you make lot of smoothies, soup, sauces, nut butter and much more
- 64 oz blender with lid and vented lid caps
- Can be easily cleaned
- Include 1-year warranty
5. Oster Pro 1200 (2-in-1 with Food Processor Attachment) | Personal smoothie blender
This appliance is a blender as well a food processor. It has a dual direction blade technology. With a modern look, this blender cum food processor steals your attention with a 10-year warranty on all metal drives in the device.
- Allows to make everything from smoothies to salsa to soup
- Dual Direction blade technology
- 10 years warranty for all metal drives
- 900 watts of ice crushing power
- Modern look
6. Cuisinart Smart Stick Two-Speed Hand Blender | Personal smoothie blender
With a 300W motor this hand blender is easy on your electricity bill and is very portable. It saves your pocket from burns and and your home from storage place. Designed like a stick, you can thrust it on fruits, vegetables in a bowl and get your shake or smoothie within little time.
- 300-Watt motor
- Could be used for lighter products
- Stick design could easily work into pots and bowls
- Easily handled
- Cost effective
7. Salton Harley Pasternak Power Blender | Personal smoothie blender
When it comes to blending, Salton Harley is a good brand. With the perfect combination of power and affordability, this blender is also multi-purpose in nature. It also includes a recipe booklet and an On-the-Go bottle.
- Perfect combination of power and affordability
- Multipurpose tool: Blend, emulsifies, crush, chops, purees, liquefies, prepare hot foods
- Include 700 ml On-the-Go bottle and recipe booklet
- Japanese stainless-steel blades
- 2 HP, 1500 W, 30,000 rpm motor with all metal drives
8. Pop Babies Rechargeable Blender | Personal smoothie blender
Just like its name, its a small blender. Pop Babies blender is a blessing if you travel frequently. Highly portable, it is very efficient is in its job and goes easy on your pocket.
- Used for personal purpose
- Travel friendly
- Best for smoothies and shakes
- Cost effective
9. Kitchen Aid Series Thermal Control Jar Blender | Personal smoothie blender
This blender is helpful when you are in the kitchen craving for soups. It blends and heats soups in only 5 minutes. With a powerful 3.5 peak HP motor it cuts down and turns them into fluids within minutes. The only issue is that of its price, which is a tad more expensive than the other blenders.
- Blend and Heat Soups in only 5 minutes
- Used for smoothies, soup and juice
- Powerful 3.5 Peak HP Motor
- Die cast metal base, dial and switches
- Bit costly
10. Vitamix S-Series Blender | Personal smoothie blender
Another blender from Vitamix, it has a 790W motor which is moderately powerful. With a 5-year warranty, this blender is a good buy if you have a small family of around 3-4 members.
- Preferred for small family meals
- Motor used is of 790 Watt
- 5-year full warranty
- Cost around $350
11. Baby Brezza Glass One Step Food Maker | Personal smoothie blender
Baby Brezza Food Maker is more than a blender. It makes food for your baby in the most efficient process. It has steam banks which allow the food to be steamed if needed and can be opened and cleaned easily. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Make homemade baby food in less than 10 minutes
- Food is steamed and automatically blended on a single click
- Steam tanks could be opened and cleaned easily. Bowl and Blade are dishwasher safe
- 1-year warranty
- Cost effective
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Do I need to add water while I blend fruit?
The vortex pulls the pieces of fruit down to the blade creating juice. If you do not add water to this pulp, the result will be grainy and will not be smooth.
2. Is it better to put milk or water in a smoothie?
If you add water, your smoothie will be less creamy and the individual flavours of the components will be more evident. But if you put milk in your smoothie, it will be creamy and the individual flavours are somewhat masked.
3. Do smoothies help getting me lose my weight?
Smoothies tend to be bad choice because they are very rich in nutrients like vitamins, minerals. They might be liquids but are a bad choice.
4. Can I put ice in a smoothie?
Ice is not really an important component in a smoothie as long as frozen fruits are used. Ice, however, can create a smooth, thick, frothy texture only if a small amount is used.
5. Why should I use frozen fruit in smoothies?
Fresh fruits are always wonderful but when it comes to frozen fruits, the smoothies have a nice icy thick texture.
Still doubtful about the best personal smoothie blender? We don’t think so. Purchasing the right blender as per your requirement should not be hard now. Enjoy self-made smoothies and lot more.
Dhruv Trehan is a writer and a Co-Founder of Drill it Down. He loves to explore new things and write down the facts in an innovative way to create an impact on the minds of user. Here, at drill it down he believes to resolve queries of people with his team.