Best Portable Ice Makers: Be it a gathering of old friends or a huge office party; any occasion is not complete without drinks. And what can be better than ice-cold drinks?
From fruit juices to cocktails, ice is a game-changer. However, it is not quite easy to contain ice without large freezers which can sometimes be a headache. But there’s a game-changer in the market: The Portable Ice Maker.
Yes, it not only makes the ice but can also be carried anywhere you like. No more do you have to fret over melting ice cubes or get worried about your drink getting all watery. Just use the ice maker and get freshly done ice. It’s just like icing on the cake.
Types of Portable Ice Makers
Following are the types of portable ice maker you can get:
1. Countertop Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This is probably the truest form of the portable ice maker. This kind usually weighs between 19 to 45 pounds. It is usually compact and thus does not take up your entire kitchen. It is also easy to store when it is not in use.
2. Under-Counter Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This kind of ice maker is generally compact and is built into your cabinet. But they are not portable. They need a dedicated water line and a larger ventilation system and very similar to a bar bridge. However, the capacity is higher and the ice stays frozen for a longer time.
Things to Consider | Portable Ice Makers
Following are the things to consider when buying a portable ice maker:
1. Location of Installation: Since the ice maker is a portable one that you are looking for, there is not a location for installation. However, for indoor parties and get-together events, the best place would be the kitchen counter-top. Other than that, you can place it anywhere you want to.
2. Your Budget: Money is the chief requirement of all things in life. Be it necessary and unnecessary, money can afford all. Therefore, always buy what is best for you but also keep in mind other important things.
3. Brand: In the current times, where markets are driven by names and their quality of deliverance, brands play a very big role in producing the ‘right’ product. So, keep in mind your budget and get the best that the market offers.
4. Capacity: The ideal capacity of a portable ice maker would be from 26 lbs to 28.7 lbs. So, make sure you buy according to your needs.
11 Best Portable Ice Makers | The Best Ice Makers to Buy Right Now
Following are the best portable ice makers to buy right now:
1. Gastrorag IM-88 | Portable Ice Makers
This sleek-looking ice maker is made out of stainless steel and is an automatic portable electric countertop ice maker. It can work 24 hours a day and get you ice cubes in very little time.
- This is made out of stainless steel, which is a norm for all kitchenware for anti-rusting.
- The capacity is 26 lbs, which is again a standard measure for almost all ice makers.
- It can work 24 hours a day.
- It can produce 9 cubes in 9 minutes, which is 1 minute for every ice cube.
- It is very easy to use. Just fill the device with water and start the timer. Wait for the indicator and you will have bullet sized ice cubes.
- It has LED lights as indicators to let the user know about low water capacity.
- It also comes with a scoop and a basket.
2. Litboos Portable Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This portable ice maker machine is made out of stainless steel is comparatively larger than the other portable ice makers. It is also very efficient when it comes to producing ice cubes in very little time. It is elegantly designed for a kitchen countertop.
- It is very easy to use and is certified ETL which ensures safety from the ice cubes to the user’s body.
- It is super quiet and conserves energy.
- A powerful compressor, fast cooling, and quiet working mode make it desirable.
- It can hold about 1.5 lbs of ice, which is about 80 cubes.
- It has a capacity of 26 lbs and can work all day without any break.
- It produces 9 ice cubes in about 7-9 minutes.
- It also comes with a scoop and a basket which is also certified ETL and safe for the user.
3. IKICH Portable Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This portable ice maker is a very efficient one. It is also made out of stainless steel. It is comparatively more efficient than other ice makers and produces more cubes than the others in lesser time. It is also quite light compared to the other models.
- Makes you 9 chewable ice cubes in 6 minutes.
- Within 24 hours, it can produce up to 26 lbs or 12 kilos of ice cubes.
- It has a 2L water reservoir
- It is a very efficient machine when it comes to noise reduction. It almost works quietly.
- With a powerful compressor, high-quality copper aluminum fin condenser, and 21g R600a refrigerant; this machine is powerful.
- It is 8.7 x 12.3 x 12.6 inches, so it is truly portable.
- It comes with smart indicators to help you get notified.
Also read: Want to attain the ultimate pleasure of a strong and perfect coffee freshly at home. Here’s what you need.
4. Frigidaire EFIC 108 | Portable Ice Makers
This ice maker is the most affordable on the list. With a modern design and lighter shade, this one stands out as a stunner. Great for parties and camping. It comes with a standard 26 lbs capacity.
- Easy to set up. You can start using it right out of the box.
- It includes a full warranty.
- It has a see-through window for monitoring the process and checking the ice level.
- Produces 9 cubes in 7 – 15 minutes.
- A convenient drain plug allows you to have clean ice and drain residue.
- Comes with an ice shovel.
- No chemical refrigerants.
5. Igloo ICEB26 WH | Portable Ice Makers
This is also quite cheaper than the other ice makers. It is also one of the quick freezers and is very compact. Though portable, it is slightly heavier than the other ice makers.
- It is a countertop ice maker
- Can be stored almost anywhere and is quite portable
- Comes in 4 different colors
- It can produce 26 lbs in a day
- Quite fast; produces 9 ice cubes in 7 minutes
- Comes with a control panel that is easy to operate
- Has a transparent lid to observe all operations and for safety purposes
6. Novete Portable Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This ice maker comes in a very attractive color. It has a capacity larger than the usual ice makers. It is also one of the low-priced ice makers in the list.
- It is quite fast. It produces 9 cubes in as little as 6 minutes
- It can produce up to 28.7 lbs of ice in a day
- It is quite efficient when it comes to saving energy
- It is also free of any noise
- It has intelligent notifying features that let the user know about all processes
- It has a simple, compact, and sleek design
- It is durable and has a non-skid surface
Also read: Dry air can be very problematic for both babies and adults. Maintain a good and healthy humidity level in your home with whole house humidifier.
7. New Air Portable Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This portable ice maker has a larger capacity than the others. It also comes in other attractive colors. It is very compact and has a size which makes it portable.
- This ice maker has three different sizes one can choose from
- Make up to 28 lbs of ice per day
- It comes in more than 3 colors to choose from
- It has a very easy to use a keypad
- It is very easy to maintain
- It produces around 9-10 cubes in 6 little minutes
- It is very countertop convenient
8. Prime Home Portable Ice Machine | Portable Ice Makers
This portable ice machine is energy efficient and reduces all sound. The price is quite low compared to the others and is, therefore, a steal. An all-round good countertop ice maker.
- Produces chewable ice chunks in 8 minutes
- This ice maker is particularly small in size and is therefore truly portable
- It has a modern design and comes with better insulation
- It is perfect for home bars, cocktails, poolside, camping
- It weighs about 18.8 pounds and is comparatively lighter than other ice makers
- It makes 26 lbs of ice in about 24 hours of time
- It comes with a smart start button and shuts off automatically
9. Bosaly Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This ice maker is also one of the market standardized ice makers. The price is not much but it comes in a trendy black colour.
- It has a compact design
- It produces about 9 ice bullets in 8-10 minutes of time
- It makes very little noise and is an energy saving ice maker
- It weighs about 17 lbs and is one of the lighter ice makers
- It is a countertop type ice maker
- It has an easy to operate switch board
- It automatically shuts off
10. Terra Hiker Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This ice maker is also quite a thunder. With a black body and sleek design, it is worth its money. It does not require many of the parts, objects that other ice makers require when operated.
- This may be the fastest ice maker in this list. It makes 9 ice cubes in 6 minutes.
- It can produce up to 28.7 lbs of ice in 24 hours.
- It does not require any water or drain line.
- It has a powerful 120W compressor.
- It can ice cubes for over 100 glasses of any drinks.
- It can self clean whenever there are blockages or spillage.
- It can operated by even a layman.
11. NutriChef Countertop Ice Maker | Portable Ice Makers
This ice maker is very different than the other ice makers in terms of looks. With a very digital look, it is also slightly more expensive than the other ice makers in the list.
- It is made out of stainless steel
- It comes in silver color
- It weighs around 25 lbs, so it is quite heavy compared to the other ice makers
- It has a simple plug-in design which is hassle-free when it comes to operating it
- You can choose between three cube sizes
- It can make up to 33 lbs of ice in about 24 hours
- It has a capacity of 22L
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Can I leave my countertop ice maker on all the time?
Ice makers are not designed to keep the ice cool but just produce them. Turning them on all-time the will damage your counter and the cubes inside the ice maker.
2. How long does it take for an ice maker to work when taken out from the box?
It takes about 6 to 12 hours before it can start functioning.
3. Do ice makers keep the ice frozen?
No. They are not freezers. They just produce the ice cubes and that is the ice maker’s job. It does not keep them cool, however.
4. Do all ice makers need a drain?
Pump drains are not necessary. A drain would be good but some models do not require a drain.
This article on portable ice makers should be more than all you need as a guide when you are in search of an ice maker. Just make sure to purchase what suits your budget, your requirement and always check for a warranty. Please reach us if you have any queries pertaining to anything. Please do not hesitate to comment if you have questions and our team will try to clarify them by the earliest. Hopefully, we will come up with more such articles.
Abhishek Sharma is the director and founder of Drill it Down, a platform that helps people to drill down their queries to clarity.
He also have 4+ years of experience in research and content development. He enjoy meeting new people and hearing new perspectives.