Winter has come! Indian winters are getting colder and harsher with every passing year (especially in northern India). Different analogies have been set by the people across the world in order to keep their houses warm and cozy during the winters. Blankets, woolen clothes, warm cups of coffees, thermal wear, soups, and teas can provide a great deal of warmth temporarily. Using room heaters for home is perhaps the best and most effective option to choose if you’re tackling low temperatures.
Room heaters can eliminate extreme cold and thus providing you focused and localized heat. Most of the room heaters today use gas or electricity and are portable or can be fitted on a wall. Room heaters have been a good alternative to constant consumption of hot beverages. It can warm a room, even the entire house!
However, since there are hundreds of types and options available in the market today. We will help you get the right room heater for your needs through this comprehensive buying guide.
Types of Room Heaters | Room Heaters for Home
Following are different types of room heaters for home in India:
Fan Room Heaters
- Fan room heaters is also called ceramic heater or blower room heaters
- Fan room heaters comes with the in-built high power fans
- This type of room heaters efficient to heat larger spaces
- Fan room heaters has a high speed and power fan that blows hot air out of the device
Infrared Room Heaters
- Infrared room heaters is also known as halogen heaters/quartz heaters
- It is one of the cheapest and smallest room heaters
- Infrared room heaters can heat small areas with absolutely no noise produced
Oil-based Room Heaters
- Oil-based Room Heaters is the most in-demand room heater in the Indian market
- It takes comparatively more time to heat the room but can maintain the room temperature for a very long time
- Oil-based Room Heaters does not have any inbuilt fans
- Oil-based Room Heaters does not make any noise
Things to Consider | Room Heaters for Home
Following are the things to consider before buying the best room heaters for home in India:
Auto On-Off (Thermostat)
- This feature is for the safety purposes
- This feature turns On/Off according to the room temperature
- Most of the room heaters comes inbuilt with a thermostat
- It is very important to check the quality of the thermostat
- The best things about room heaters is that it can be carried around to any rooms
- It is very important that you check the size of the heater before you purchase it
- It is recommended that you purchase a heater with smaller size and portability
- A room heater consumes electricity in order to function efficiently
- Room heaters from different manufacturers consumes different amount of power
- It is very important that you check the power consumption before purchasing one
- Room heater with minimum power but maximum efficiency is the best one for you
- Room heaters come with different functionality and features
- A fan room heater makes comparatively more noise than other room heaters
- Check the noise level of the heater before you are planning to purchase one
9 Best Room Heaters for Home in India
Following are the best room heaters for home in India:
1. Usha Quartz | Room Heaters for Home
Usha is one of the leading brands when it comes to electronics in India. The Usha Quartz Room Heater is ideal for small or medium sized rooms. It consumes about 800 W of power. With such low consumption of electricity, this room heater is easy on your electricity bill will save your pocket from a burning hole. Not only that, it also comes with a night light indicator.
- Usha is popular for its electronic products and one the leading brands in the Indian
- It comes with 800 watts with Overheating Protection
- This room heater is ideal for small or medium rooms (150 sq. ft.)
- It provides you two heating positions to suit your comfort
- It designed for small power consumption that saves your electricity bill
- It comes with automatic switch that prevents overheating & ISI Mark (Black)
- Usha room heater comes with powdered layer coating which prevents corrosion
- It is portable and comes with night light indicator
2. Orpat OEH-1260 | Room Heaters for Home
The Orpat OEH-1260 2000-Watt Fan Heater is one of the best room heaters available on the Indian market. Not only does it keep its reputation for its good quality but also comes with variable temperature setting that saves your electricity bill based on its use. This room heater is ideal for small and medium-sized rooms.
- Orpat room heater is ideal for small and medium-sized rooms
- It consumes 2000 watts power for its functioning
- It comes with variable temperature setting (1000-watt and 2000 –watts)
- This fan heater offers a one year warranty to the customers
3. Amazon Brand – Solimo | Room Heaters for Home
This room heater from Amazon is comparatively new in India but it offers a powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor which boasts faster heating capacity. It is quick at its job and you can easily place it vertically or horizontally according to your need. Like most of the room heaters it is suitable for small and medium sized rooms.
- Amazon Solimo brand offers 1 year warranty
- It is suitable for small to medium sized room
- It comes with multiple heat setting knobs (Cool, Warm or Hot wind selection)
- Solimo is lightweight and portable
- It is ISI certified and comes with rust-free metal
4. Bajaj Flashy 1000 Watts Radiant | Room Heaters for Home
Bajaj is one of the reliable, durable, and affordable brands in India. It comes with a superior heating technology. Its heating element can circulate heat in different directions very efficiently.
- This room heater comes with superior heating technology
- Its heating element can circulate heat in different directions very easily and efficiently
- It has a stylish and compact design
- This product is BIS approved
- It provides thermal cut-off and neon indicators
- It also comes with a 2 year warranty
5. Orpat OEH-1220 | Room Heaters for Home
This amazing room heater is meant for spot heating. Like most of the room heaters it is suitable for small and medium sized rooms. It has a stylish design and is very compact.
- It is suitable for room size upto 150 sq ft
- It comes with overheat protection
- It has compact and stylish design
- Orpat comes with 2 year product warranty
6. Havells OFR Fan Heater | Room Heaters for Home
The Havells OFR Fan Heater is one of the best room heaters available on the Indian market. When it comes to safety this fan heater provides an overheat protection. This way you do not have to worry about your safety when the heater overheats. It looks attractive and has an elegant design.
- This room heater looks attractive and elegant
- It comes with a thermostatic heat control
- It has a fan for high air circulation
- It comes with an overheat protection for better safety
- It provides 3 power settings (1000/1500/2500 watts)
7. Usha 423 N Heat Convector | Room Heaters for Home
The Usha 423 N is one of the best room heaters available on the Indian market. It can heat small and medium sized rooms in no time. It is very efficient and quick at heating. It bears an ISI mark meaning it is a very popular product among the Indians.
- It is suitable for the room Size upto 150 sq ft
- It also provides protection against overheating
- This device comes with 2 heating element
- Whole device is made of ABS material
- It comes with 1 year warranty and ISI Mark
8. Orient Electric HC2003D Fan Heater | Room Heaters for Home
The Orient HC2003D is one of the most reliable room heaters available on the Indian market. It is portable and very easy to operate. The product has a good night light which comes in with high quality heating features
- This electric heater from Orient comes with temperature control knob
- It has adjustable stands and comes with two fans that enhances the heating capacity
- This room heater consumes 2000-watts power and has night light feature
- It is very easy to handle and operate
9. Usha Fan Heater | Room Heaters for Home
The Usha 1212 PTC Fan Heater is a very compact heater. It is best suited for small and medium sized rooms with up to 150 sq. ft. of area. It is light in weight and the tilt can be adjusted so that quick heat responses towards you.
- This room heater is very compact and lightweight
- This Usha Fan Heater is best suited for room size of 150 sq ft
- The tilt can also be adjusted so you can keep it anywhere for very quick heat response towards you
- It has temperature control so you can adjust the temperature accordingly
- Most importantly it heats using coils
- It helps to keep the oxygen levels and has ISI Mark
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are electric room heaters safe?
Electric heaters are the only unvented space heaters that are safe to operate inside your home. Although electric heaters avoid indoor air quality concerns, they still pose as burn and fire hazards. Using electric room heaters with caution is always a wise move.
2. Do electric room heaters reduce oxygen levels?
When the electric room heaters start heating, they heat because because electrical current passes through the heating element, not because anything burns, so oxygen levels cannot be directly affected.
3. Can I use my electric room heater all night?
Leaving your electric room heater running overnight while you sleep not only creates a potential safety risk but can also dry your skin and nasal passages causing asphyxia and fatal choking problems.
4. What are the side effects of an electric room heater?
Apart from drying your skin out, electric heaters often reduce oxygen levels while heating a room. Even people who do not suffer from asthmatic problems might experience sleepiness, nausea, and headaches in their rooms.
5. How are oil room heaters dangerous?
Oil room heaters pose a threat of fire and burns. In either regard, they are more dangerous than other types of room heaters.
6. Are oil room heaters better than electric room heaters?
Oil heaters are more cost effective and safe compared to electric room heaters. They do take more time to heat a room but will provide you a more comfortable heating experience. The size of the room is a factor when it comes to determining cost efficiency.
In this article, we saw some of the best room heaters for home in India. Please look into the following conclusions:
- Room heaters should be used as a secondary source of heat
- Room heater is concurrent to work on various methodologies and principles
- Choose the room heater which is good for your and your babies health
- You could select the right heater depending upon your requirements
- The only con of using a room heater is that it consumes lot of gas or electricity
- If used room heaters for long period of time they might cost more than a central heating system
Abhishek Sharma is the director and founder of Drill it Down, a platform that helps people to drill down their queries to clarity.
He also have 4+ years of experience in research and content development. He enjoy meeting new people and hearing new perspectives.