Can’t recall what the teacher taught you in class, or your boss told you about your project? Having problems recollecting your childhood memories? In this article on super brain yoga, you will learn the best poses or asana to improve and boost your brain power.
Human brain is an autonomous machine which works 24 hours for us without any rest. You can perpetuate always without letting your mind take some rest. Yoga is the best antidote for our brain.
As per the research, ordinary human brain produces 50 thoughts per minute. And if you get involved with every thought that come in your mind, it negatively affects your intelligence. Intelligence is what we all crave for. Intelligence is not all about knowledge we get from books but it’s more about enlightenment of one-self. Knowledge to understand what we are and what we desire comes from blessed minds.
Human Brain: Classification and Categories | Super Brain Yoga
The human brain is responsible for recognizing similar items and placing them into categories:
People with such brain seemed to be bewildered and flustered because their thought hop like a monkey from one point to another. They could noxious certain time and could fulminated for completing any task in perfunctory manner.
This kind of brain have a high concentration power. People with such mindset are often extolled for there great works. They can relatively work for hours without getting bored.
This kind of brain is also known as thoughtless brain. This kind of brain always could be corresponded well with law of attraction. This law specifies your motivation to achieve the goal which you visualize and is attracted towards. Though, to have a blessed mind is quite difficult but can also be life changing all-together.
So, we discussed enough about yoga for brain power. But what does it specify? Power of mind is the ability of thinking in a right direction. Powerful minds are not just intelligent but are also confident, courageous and concentrated.
Your whole body is inter-linked in the process of thinking. As we all know what you see is what you perceive. Flow of energy helps your brain to think in positive direction. Swami Vivekanand has divided this flow of energy into three channels, that is. ida, pingala, and sushumn. These three channels help your brain to be more powerful. Human brains generally have ida and pingala but sushumn can be activated with strong meditation. There is one more channel called medha that can be activated with 12 years of meditation. But after that you can achieve everything.
Every human being wants to achieve success and fame and for that human being require knowledge. And we have already seen the role of meditation in attaining a peaceful state of mind.
Human Brain: Facts and Information | Super Brain Yoga
Let us discuss it through some more facts:
- According to Indian ethology, if you perform yoga in the creator hour which is just 96 minutes before the sun rise, you would achieve phenomenal results.
- It is scientifically proved that, Nerves of our brain our connected to itself in the way the components of this universe are connected to itself.
- At the time of creator hour, the universe has highest frequency to attract what comes in its way and hence the signal transferred by our brain during this period is collected by universe and result is reflected in us.
- There is a constant stress in everyone’s mind. Stress holds you back when you look forward to find effective results for the problems in your life.
- In current scenario people fixate lot about there future, which results in unwanted stress thereby fulminating themselves so strongly that it become difficult for one to stand again with same powers.
In these difficult phases of life, Yoga beefs up the inner strength in us and predilects to the right path in life.
9 Best Yoga for Brain Power and Memory | Super Brain Yoga
Following are the best super brain yoga for brain power and memory boosting:
1. Bhramari pranayama (Bee Breathing) | Super Brain Yoga
- The humming sound helps you to reduce stress and fatigue and negative emotions
- Place your index fingers on your ears
- Cartilage is present between your cheek and ear
- Place your index fingers on the cartilage
- Now, you need to take a deep breath in and as you breathe out, gently press the cartilage
- You need to keep the cartilage pressed or press it in and out with your fingers while making a loud humming sound like a bee
- People who are suffering from hypertension should regularly practice this technique in order to stay calm
- It helps in reducing the blood pressure and thus should be performed by those suffering high blood pressure problems
- It provides a soft sonorous voice and removes all the prevailing throat ailments
- It enhances the sleeping power and relaxes the brain so as to provide a refreshing lifestyle
2. Padmasana (Lotus Pose) | Super Brain Yoga
- This pose can help you at night to relieve the day stress
- Place the right knee on the left thigh
- Make sure that the sole of the feet points upwards and the heel is close to the abdomen
- Now, you can repeat the same step with the other leg
- Now cross both the legs and feet placed on opposite thighs, place your hands on the knees in mudra position
- It is believed to increase the attentiveness and awareness in an individual
- Practicing it regularly keeps the spine straight and erect thereby assisting in building a strong and correct posture
- It is helpful in curing menstrual discomfort and also aids in sciatica
- Performing it regularly strikes a new energy level and calms your brain
- It outstretches the hips, ankles and knees
- It improves flexibility of bones and muscles and also fosters the pelvis, abdomen and bladder
3. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend) | Super Brain Yoga
This asana is for the people who continuously used to sit at desk. This can help you relieve spinal cord ache and also stretch of spine remove negative emotions like irritation and anger
- Sit on the floor with legs stretched straight
- Breathe in as you lean forward from your hip and extend your arm and reach as forward as you can exhale out
- It refreshes the brain and helps in lessening all the stress, worries and also cures mild depression
- It expands the spine, shoulders, hamstrings and makes them strong and supportive
- It improves the liver, kidneys, ovaries, and uterus and also aids in menstrual pain and cramps
- It improves digestion, increases appetite and eradicates obesity
- It heals headache and anxiety and reduces fatigue and tiredness
- It is also sanative for high blood pressure, infertility, diabetes, insomnia, and sinusitis
4. Nadi shuddhi (Alternate Nostril) | Super Brain Yoga
Nadi suddhi is a Sanskrit word (Nadi = nerves, channels, or flow, and Shuddhi = cleansing or purifying)
- To perform this asana you have to sit in comfortable pose such as padmasana
- Sit in crossed-legged position keep one nostril close and exhale with second nostril, then close both nostril and then repeat the process with another nostril
- It is believed to decrease the pulse rate and respiratory rate significantly following just a few weeks of daily practice
- Performing it constantly in long run improves a number of pulmonary health markers in young practitioners
- It also reduces the systolic and diastolic blood pressure of practitioners instantly by practicing after one session
- This leads to the triggering of parasympathetic nervous system which facilitates the blood vessels to relax and widen
- It helps in providing enough dose of oxygen to our brain
5. Halasana (Plow Pose) | Super Brain Yoga
Negative thoughts even effect our sleeping pattern. An incomplete sleep would result in a stressful day. To avoid this we can implement Halasana in our lifes.
- Lower the back slightly for balance.
- Then, moving the arms and legs over the head until the outstretched toes touch the ground or yoga mat and the fingertips, in a preparatory variant of the pose.
- Now move your arms to support you’re in a vertical position, giving a second variant pose.
- Finally, stretch out arms on the ground away from the feet, giving the final pose in the shape of a traditional plough.
- It rejuvenates the brain thereby reducing stress and fatigue
- It enhances the abdominal organs along with the thyroid gland
- It is believed to expand the shoulders, calves and spine
- Performing it regularly will definitely help in relieving the symptoms of menopause
- It is sanative for backache, headache, infertility, insomnia, sinusitis and diabetes
- As the pose calms and relaxes the nerves, brain, and heart, it is carried out near the end of a yoga class
6. Tadasana (Mountain Pose) | Super Brain Yoga
- Standing with your feet together and arms by your side and with your chin parallel to ground breathe in and breathe out
- This is another asana to helps you with restless sleep
- It enhances posture and opens up the chest
- It lengthens the spine and gently strengthens the thighs, buttock and leg muscles.
- It increases awareness and concentration immensely
- It helps in reducing flat feet and relieves sciatica
- It removes tension from the face
- It is the best standing meditation to improve one’s posture
- If done regularly, it can reduce back pain. It reduces the affects of flatfoot
- It is believed to improve the respiration process and reinforce energy
- It also assists in maintaining an even handed metabolism
- This pose can help you cure the state of insomnia
- It subsequently improves concentration
7. Padangusthasana (Big Toe Pose) | Super Brain Yoga
The word Padangusthasana is derived from the Sanskrit (pada = foot, angustha = thumb, and asana = pose)
- Stand upright and bent forward as you extend your hip while inhaling
- This pose help in lengthening and fixing of the stubbornly tight hamstrings in the body
- Practicing it daily will calm the brain and assist in getting rid of stress, anxiety and mild depression
- It fosters the liver, kidney and calves
- It has proved to be the best exercise for expanding the thighs
- It improves indigestion and also cures many serious diseases like insomnia
- It is extremely effective in ailing headache and also relieves the symptoms of menopause
- It can help you during hectic days of your life
8. Vrikshasana (Tree Stand Pose) | Super Brain Yoga
- In this pose a person must stand on one foot for atleast 20 to 60 seconds
- While standing straight, stretch your hands up, fold the left leg to your right knee and try breathing in and out
- Tree Pose fortifies your sense of equilibrium and coordination
- Performing it significantly will enhance your determination and your ability to focus in all areas of your life
- It expands the thighs, groins, thorax and shoulders
- It works upon your strength of ankles and calves, and highlights the abdominal muscles
- The Vrikshasana pose helps you to stretch your feet thus helping to cure flat feet and sciatica
- It is believed to facilitate a meditative state of mind and relaxes the brain and soul
- This asana helps you to maintain a balance between physical and mental health of your life
9. Sirsasana (Head Stand) | Super Brain Yoga
- Form a child pose with your fingers interlocked and elbow making equilateral triangle with the wall
- Then slowly try to prop your legs into the air
- This posture is extremely helpful in eradicating anxiety, stress and negative thoughts
- It works as a major stress buster and relieves you from the day to day tiredness and fatigue
- This can help to nurture mental functions and increases you sense of determination
- This posture helps the mind to think and make decisions vividly
- It improves the digestion system and also helps in curing various eye issues
- It also increases the durability of your leg bones and muscles making them stronger and more elastic
- As this asana maintains blood flow in your hypothalamus and pineal gland of your brain
As we all know key to a healthy life is having a healthy mind, so we need implement YOGA in our life to live a happy and a peaceful life. A 30 minutes of Yoga could reduce whole day stress. So, I guess that is quite a perfect deal. Yoga is for everyone!
I hope our article on super brain yoga for brain power and memory will help you in achieving your goals. If you think this article helped you in someway or other, please do share it with your loved ones. Stay safe!
Abhishek Sharma is the director and founder of Drill it Down, a platform that helps people to drill down their queries to clarity.
He also have 4+ years of experience in research and content development. He enjoy meeting new people and hearing new perspectives.