Water Heater Brands and Prices: Hot water is a required for multiple purposes regardless of time of the year. Days are gone where the old fashioned water heaters and similar appliances were employed. It takes in sufficient amount of time and effort to rise and endorse in the product.
Technology is developing day by day and in the recent times, things can be done in very little time and with even lesser effort. Geysers are a product of the recent times and heats water efficiently. Not only do they serve the purpose of heating water but also supplies the heated water directly to taps or bathing showers.
Finding the best geyser/water heater for your bathroom can be handful. There are many models available in the market and we have short listed the best geysers/water heaters for you.
NOTE: The geysers/water heaters in this article were short listed in accordance with user response from Amazon. Each user review, rating, and feedback was taken into consideration to make this list of best available geysers/water heaters.
Things to Consider
Before purchasing a geyser/water heater, the following points should be kept in mind:
- When it comes to geysers, the installation is an important factor and should be done with proper guidelines.
- Installation charges are specific to most of the geysers.
- Geysers/Water heaters do not always come with after-sales services. Double checking before purchasing one is always a wise move.It is always preferable that the installation of the appliances like water heaters, doorbells, door locks should be done by a technicians.
- Budget is the most important factor when it comes to determining the choice of geyser/water heater
- There is a wide range of options from which you can select depending upon your requirements
- It is always advised to limit an amount before purchasing a geyser/water heater
- Geysers/Water heaters are efficient and are usually functional upto 10 years
- It depends on the quality of water
- It also depends on the usage of the appliance
- It is always advised to go for geysers/water heaters which have been reviewed by trusted brands
- People are often confused when it comes to the capacity of a geyser or water heater
- Usually storage geysers have capacity range of almost about 5 to 30 liters
- For cleaning kitchen utensils, then 6 to 8 liters capacity is enough for you
- For bucket bathing 8 to 10 liters is sufficient and for shower bathing more than 15 liters’ capacity is a great fit
5. Water Tank Material
- One of the important factors to consider before buying an best geyser in India
- The geyser is being developed using copper, thermostatic, or stainless steel
- Stainless steel material comes with glass coating and anti-corrosive
- Most of the electric water heaters in Indian market have the range between 1550 – 4500 watts
- Higher the wattage, less time it would take the water to heat
Types of Water Geyser in India | Water Heater Brands and Prices
Water heaters helps in heating the water during the winters in just minutes. All that needs to be considered is the energy efficiency and the space. Water heaters usually are of the following types:
1. Immersion Heater
- Immersion rods are good alternative to actual water heaters
- They are budget-friendly
- They are easily available in almost every electronic shops
- They usually costs around Rs 500/- to 2500/- depending upon the brand
- Immersion heaters are mobile and very compact
- No installation charges are required here
NOTE: Immersion heaters are not safe especially when you have kids around.
2. Instant Water Heaters
- Instant water heaters are the most commonly used in the houses
- It is preferred mostly because of its budget and the long lasting durability
- They are quite dense and occupy minimal amount of space
- This is the perfect water heater if you have a family of five or less
3. Water Heaters with Storage
- This kind of water heater is preferred when large quantity of hot water is required at one go
- The water heaters comes in different storage varieties
- You will be able to save more power with these kind of water heaters
- It has the inbuilt tank which require more space
4. Gas Geyser
- Gas Geyser is the new variety of geyser and is very energy efficient
- It has a great look and are very compact
- It saves a lot of time and helps in minimizing cost
Top 7 Water Geyser in India | Water Heater Brands and Prices
Following is the list of the top geysers/water heaters in India:
1. Bajaj 1500-Watt Immersion Heater | Water Heater Brands and Prices
The Bajaj Immersion Heater is one of the earlier used appliances to heat water. But immersion heaters are never out of fashion and are probably one of those portable appliances needed to heat a good amount of water, ranging from a bucket to a tub. It can be removed from the container after it has done its job and can be stored anywhere you want. It works on a very simple principle: ‘Dip it. Heat it. Remove it.’ and you are done.
- It is an energy-efficient immersion heater
- The Bajaj immersion heating rod is compact in size and can be easily accommodated in storing places or cabinets
- This Bajaj immersion heater heats water quickly
- It is designed with hairpin tubular elements
- The rod is of 1500 watts which facilitates optimum heat transfer
- You have to dip the rod in a tub or whatever you’re using and then simply switch it on to get the hot water
- It is made from anti-corrosive plastic material and copper with nickel plating
- The durability and functionality of this electric water heater is good and it can function efficiently for longer period
- The quality of electric immersion heater is compelling. Moreover, it even follows all norms of safety
- The Bajaj immersion heating rod comes with 1 year Manufacturer’s warranty
2. Crompton CG-IHL 152 Immersion Water Heater | Water Heater Brands and Prices
The Crompton Immersion Heater is also similar to the previous product. It also works on the very same simple principle: “Dip it. Heat it. Remove it”. and you are done. It is very efficient when it comes to the heating part. It is easy on your electricity bill and is definitely portable and easy to store.
- This immersion heater from Crompton consumes 1500W power
- It is energy efficient water heater and heats up water faster
- It has anti-corrosive body which ensures a long life
- This immersion heater comes with LED indicator
- It also has Water Level Indicator to identify how much water should be filled in the bucket
- It comes with 1 year of Warranty
- Comes with ISI Mark
3. Bajaj Flora Instant Vertical Water Heater | Water Heater Brands and Prices
This appliance is very unique in itself. It is not named Instant for no reason. It does heat the water instantly, almost in a jiffy. Since it is really small in size, installing it inside your bathroom to take a good shower or a bath will be a bad idea. It is ideal if you install it in your kitchen to warm the water to clean your dishes.
- Bajaj Flora is an Instant water heater/geyser
- The water heater is available in 2 different variants, 1L and 3L
- It comes with fire retardant cable
- The external body is made of corrosion proof thermoplastic
- It contains efficient heating element for longer life
- It comes with neon indicator for functions such as power on and heating.
- It also contains multiple safety systems
- Bajaj Flora water heater is ISI approved product
- May come with combo offers such as Bajaj HM 01 250-Watt Hand Mixer, check before buying
4. AOSmith 15 Litre Vertical Water Heater White 5 Star | Water Heater Brands and Prices
This water heater is invariably larger in size from the previous heaters. This is a good choice of water heater if you plan to use it in your bathroom. It provides a good flow of warm/hot water to a family of 3. It is ideal in size when it comes to a small group of people or a single person. It is storage type water heater, meaning it stores the hot water for a good amount of time for fragmentary uses. Moreover, it is very user friendly and consumes less electricity compared to other vertical heaters. This is definitely your option if you want to go green.
- AOSmith is a storage water heater/geyser
- This water heater offers 15 Litres of storage capacity and has 2000 W
- The installation is paid through brand PAN India of INR 400 [May vary]
- The inner tank material is of blue diamond glass lined
- The AOSmith water heater is 2X Corrosion Resistance
- The outer body is made up of metal
- It has double protection with Thermal Cut-Out
- It comes with 7 years of inner tank warranty and 2+1 extended warranty on heating element
- It is perfect for you if you want to go green
5. Bajaj New Shakti Storage Vertical Water Heater | Water Heater Brands and Prices
This 25-litre water heater is a medium sized water heater. It is both efficient when it comes to heating water as well as consuming electricity. It is listed as a 4-star product by the BEE. Apart from its good capacity it contains multiple safety systems for protection against various heating issues. If safety is what you seek the most, this heater is definitely a bargain for you.
- This immersion heater from Bajaj consumes 2000W power
- It is energy efficient water heater and heats up water faster
- It has anti-corrosive body which ensures a long life
- The inner tank is made up of glassline which prevents corrosion of the tank
- The product warranty comes with 2 years, heating element with 5 years and inner tank with 2 years
- As per the latest guidelines of the BEE this product is listed as 4 Star product
- The tank comes with inner glass line coating enabling
- It contains multiple safety systems for protection against various heating issues
6. Racold Pronto Neo 3KW Instant Water Heater | Water Heater Brands and Prices
This water heater is a very developed one in the current Indian market, if compared to other similar water heater brands and prices. It is useful when installed inside a kitchen and quick water heating activities. It comes with three levels of safety against high temperature and pressure with cut out. Overall, it is a great water heater and will probably give you a run for money if you are looking for high-end features with automated features.
- It has high pressure withstanding capacity which makes it suitable for high rise buildings and high pressure pump applications
- It has maximum rated pressure withstanding capacity: 6.5 Bar. It is very useful for kitchen and quick water heating stuffs
- It comes with elegant Italian design with a rare combination of technology and style as compare to other water heater brands and prices
- It has high power heating element which ensures that you get hot water in no time
- It has features such as Stem-type thermostat and cutout to ensures automatic temperature control and extra safety
- The feature called anti-siphoning system prevents the back flow of water from the container
- It comes with three levels of safety against high temperature and pressure with cutout
- The warranty comes with 2 years on product, 2 years on heating element, and 5 years on the tank
7. ACTIVA Instant 3 KVA SPCEIAL Anti Rust Coated Tank Geyser | Water Heater Brands and Prices
This geyser is an instant at heating. The heating element is extra heavy duty which ensures a safe prolonged use and a long life. It is approved by the BIS and has ISI specification. Along with these it also has a high-quality thermostat to prevent overheating.
- The ACTIVA is an instant water heater/geyser
- It comes with Special anti rust coating on tank and geyser for long lasting life
- It has BIS approved ISI specification on heating element and has high quality thermostat to prevent it from over heating
- It has extra heavy duty element for extra heating and durability
- The ACTIVA comes with 1+5 year warranty on this geyser
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long will a geyser take to heat up?
Practically, a 10-litre geyser takes about 4 to 5 minutes to heat cold water. So, switching the geyser off when unused will definitely save you a lot of money when it comes to electricity bills.
2. Are geysers/water heaters safe?
Before purchasing a geyser/ water heater, consider the safety of the either type. Also keep in mind the lifespan, cost, efficiency, performance, and how each of them works. Immersion rods again is pretty unsafe if you have kids at your house. Chances are they might dip their hands in the water getting heated. Take precautions when immersion rods are your purchase.
3. Does a geyser/water use a lot of electricity?
Since, either of the appliances is a heating appliance, the amount of power it consumes will reflect on your electricity bill. Switching the appliance off when not in use will do you wonders. Overheating again will consume some more energy than needed.
4. Can I drink water from the geyser/water heater?
No, you cannot. Water from the geyser/water heater can contain all sorts of unwanted chemical elements such as arsenic, chromium and mercury among many others things which are harmful for your body.
5. How does the quality of water affect the inner container ?
The quality of water has lot to do with your geyser/water heater. Hard water contains high levels of minerals like calcium and magnesium which can cause scaling. Scaling leaves behind a white and chalky residue in the inner container along with the heating element.
6. The water in my area is bad in quality. How do I avoid functionality problems?
Bad quality water, or simply ‘Hard Water’ will affect your geyser. Since, the water is heated by the heating element and it is that which gets affected the most. To make the most out of your geyser, it is recommended to run some water for the removal of the residue.
After looking into this list of geysers/water heaters, we are sure that you got some information on water heater brands and prices. Lets conclude what we learnt so far:
- Check for the cost of installation
- Know the perfect capacity of water heater you required
- Choose the water heater as per your requirement in your day to day as it contributes 15% of your overall electricity bill
Abhishek Sharma is the director and founder of Drill it Down, a platform that helps people to drill down their queries to clarity.
He also have 4+ years of experience in research and content development. He enjoy meeting new people and hearing new perspectives.